What do volunteers do?
From the beginning, Faith in Action has been, and to this day remains, primarily staffed by volunteers, whose efforts and energy are essential for the work we do. FIA currently has over 70 volunteers working in various capacities. As a FIA volunteer you may:
As a FIA volunteer you may:
- (At Chelsea) Sort donations and organize the clothing room - volunteers usually work a set weekly 3.5 hour shift
- Answer phones and greet visitors at the door
- Help people find suitable durable medical equipment from our lending room
- Receive bags of clothing donations
- Move heavy boxes of things around
- Move and organize donated food
- Help clients navigate shopping in the food pantry
- Fill emergency or curbside food orders
Occasional Volunteer Roles include:
- Serve as food drive coordinator for your congregation
- Sponsor someone or a group with Christmas presents
- Make a Thanksgiving basket
- Help with holiday distribution
- Serve as CROP Walk promoter in your congregation (CROP designates 25% of pledges for FIA)
- Make a cash donation or pledge in your estate planning
- Help with Fundraising or Mailings
- Other special projects as occasionally needed
Would you like to help?
If you are interested in a potential volunteer role, please contact Sarah at (734) 475-3305, or complete the volunteer interest form at the top of this page and we will get in touch with you.