PLEASE NOTE: To help reduce the spread of Covid-19, we are currently working with very few volunteers. If you would like to volunteer (or have in the past), please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form so we can reach out when we need additional help.
What do volunteers do?
From the beginning, Faith in Action has been, and to this day remains, primarily staffed by volunteers, whose efforts and energy are essential for the work we do. FIA currently has over 70 volunteers working in various capacities. As a FIA volunteer you may:
As a FIA volunteer you may:
- Sort donations and organize the clothing room - volunteers usually work a 3.5 hour shift each week
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Organize donated food
- Fill emergency food orders
- Serve as food drive coordinator for your congregation
- Serve as computer aid at the Michigan Works! Remote access site
- Help with Rebuilding Together (formerly Christmas in April)
- Sponsor a student returning to school with a new backpack and school supplies
- Sponsor someone or a group with Christmas presents
- Make a Thanksgiving basket
- Help with holiday distribution
- Serve as CROP Walk promoter in your congregation (CROP designates 25% of pledges for FIA)
- Make a cash donation or pledge in your estate planning
- Help with Annual Benefit Banquet or Year End Mailing
Would you like to help?
If you are interested in our mission and would like to be involved, please contact Sarah at (734) 475-3305, or complete the volunteer interest form at the top of this page.